Sachin Ramesh Tendulkar, a name that needs no introduction in the Cricket fraternity, is one of the greatest sports personalities that ever walked on this planet. Just like football fans consider themselves lucky witnessing the greatness of Ronaldo and Messi at the same time, we cricket fans had Sachin to cheer about. Although this distinct personality has rested his pads, this world will never get tired of talking about Sachin, and neither do we. There is no denying the fact that there is no one like Sachin Tendulkar in today’s world, and there will be no one in the future.
Being the youngest player to debut from India in tests and ODIs, being the first player ever to make a double century in limited-overs cricket, Sachin did come a long way in his career. Even as a team, he helped India win the World Cup in 2011. He was India’s leading run-scorer and overall second in the tournament. His greatness is simply beyond reach from any other player, and that’s what makes him the God of Cricket. This blog will consist of many such stats, accomplishments, and Individual records set by our beloved Sachin Tendulkar. Without waiting for a single second, let us start by learning Sachin’s stats in cricket.
Stats Speak for Themselves
If you are one of the fans, the stats only matter. This is the perfect opportunity for us to share Sachin’s data that sets him apart from the others.
Just glancing at these records for a few seconds, you will already figure out many records that Sachin has made over the years. Like, the highest number of matches, most runs in cricket, etc. In fact, at the time of his retirement, he made the record of playing the most test matches. This article is filled with such impressive accomplishments, and we are so excited to tell you.
Accomplishments Set by Sachin Before He Hanged His Boots
- Let’s start with his early days. Sachin set up records in domestic first-class cricket tournaments from the start. Sachin hit his first-class debut against Gujarat at the age of 15 years and 232 days in the Ranji Trophy. He scored 100 not out in that match and became the youngest Indian to score a century on debut in first-class cricket. Not only this, but Sachin also scored a century in the first Duleep Trophy match and also in his first Irani Trophy match. Sachin Tendulkar remains the only player to score a century on debut in all three domestic first-class tournaments.
- Moving ahead from his first-class season, Sachin made his test debut against India’s arch-rivals Pakistan at Karachi. Sachin still remains the youngest ever player to debut for India in tests at the age of 16 years and 205 days. He is also the fifth-youngest international test player that ever played cricket.
- Starting his career by representing India in a test match, Sachin Tendulkar went on to have a stellar test record as he went on playing 200 test matches(most by any player) for the country. Tendulkar scored 15,921 runs during his Test career, which is still the most runs by anyone in test cricket. Not only this, but Sachin also holds the records for most centuries in test cricket with 51 tons to his name. Apart from being an ingenious batter, Sachin was also a part-time bowler as he managed to take 46 wickets in his Test career, making him a world-class player.
- Not only cricket, but Tendulkar had a stellar and heavenly career in ODI cricket too. His career lasted for more than 22 years when he played his last ODI against Pakistan on March 18, 2012. Sachin played 463 ODI cricket matches in this span, another record as no player has played more than him. In his career, Sachin scored 18,426 runs in ODI cricket, another record which is the most by any player to date. The second batsman on the list is Kumar Sangakkara, who has scored 14,234 runs, more than 4,000 runs less than him. Coming back to Sachin, he also holds the record of most centuries in ODI cricket with 49 centuries. Many top cricketers assume that his successor, Virat Kohli will soon break this record, who has scored 43 centuries and is second on the list.
- It was always anticipated that a topic of discussion among the greats was who would be the first to score a double century in limited-overs cricket. Who would be better than himself, the God of Cricket? On February 24, 2010, Sachin scored 200* to become the first male batsman to score a double century in ODI history. Sachin also has 62 Man of the Match awards in ODIs which is also the most by any player. In addition to these accomplishments, Sachin also scored 1000+ ODI runs in seven calendar years (1994, 1996, 1997, 1998, 2000, 2003, and 2007). In 1998, he scored 1,894 runs in ODIs, the record for the most ODI runs scored in a single calendar year
In 664 International matches, Tendulkar has scored 34,357 runs and hit 100 centuries in total. Tendulkar is regarded as one of the most incredible batters ever, and these records speak the same. We like to end with the quote by himself, the God of cricket, “Time has flown by quickly, but the memories you have left with me will always be with me forever and ever and especially the chant of ‘Sachin Sachin’ which will reverberate in my ears till I stop breathing.” We want to say, Dear Sachin, you are the reason most of us fall in love with this game. You will always be in our hearts. We hope you like this article. Until next time, Goodbye!